« The mother of all festivals | Main | Triste »

Monday, 28 June 2004



I read this in the Guardian. You don't have to go very far to find dialect words that have no standard english equivalent.

My favourite is "bumfle" (spelling uncertain) which describes clothing which rides up into a rolls usually around your waist. Think of a bulky jumper tucked into a too tight pair of jeans and you begin to get the picture.

Would your word in any way refer to your post on privacy?

Love A.


i read this in the economist a few weeks ago, too.

Verify your Comment

Previewing your Comment

This is only a preview. Your comment has not yet been posted.

Your comment could not be posted. Error type:
Your comment has been posted. Post another comment

The letters and numbers you entered did not match the image. Please try again.

As a final step before posting your comment, enter the letters and numbers you see in the image below. This prevents automated programs from posting comments.

Having trouble reading this image? View an alternate.


Post a comment

Your Information

(Name and email address are required. Email address will not be displayed with the comment.)

2022 Reading

  • What I am reading

May 2024

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

52 hellos

  • week 1 2022
    to my sister in the UK
Blog powered by Typepad